Strange Spam "Actions"

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Wed Jun 18 21:43:05 IST 2003

grep all of your rules and MailScanner.conf for 'store' and make sure you
didn't miss something.  I've never had this happen on any of my
installations.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
Of Max Kipness
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 3:39 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Strange Spam "Actions"

Hello -

I just noticed that I have emails in the /var/spool/MailScanner/....../spam
folder. This is odd considering that I have no store actions in
spam.actions.rules. I then did some grepping of the logs and it seems like
around 35-40 emails a day are going to this ../spam folder. The logs
specify:

Jun 18 04:44:55 manhattan MailScanner[24460]: Spam Actions: message
h5I9ioWq026384 actions are store

Why would this happen? I only have various domains with actions deliver,
delete, or forward. The other thing is that in this spam directory, the
messages do not have the {Spam?} subject headers.

Max