Strange Spam "Actions"

Max Kipness mkipness at GENIANT.COM
Wed Jun 18 21:39:13 IST 2003

Hello -

I just noticed that I have emails in the
/var/spool/MailScanner/....../spam folder. This is odd considering that
I have no store actions in spam.actions.rules. I then did some grepping
of the logs and it seems like around 35-40 emails a day are going to
this ../spam folder. The logs specify:

Jun 18 04:44:55 manhattan MailScanner[24460]: Spam Actions: message
h5I9ioWq026384 actions are store

Why would this happen? I only have various domains with actions deliver,
delete, or forward. The other thing is that in this spam directory, the
messages do not have the {Spam?} subject headers.

Max