filename.rules.conf usage

kfliong kfliong at WOFS.COM
Wed Jun 18 04:01:18 IST 2003

Hi,

I have just removed denying of .exe files in filename.rules.conf in
mailscanner.

I know I doing this is very dangerous but I really need to allow
EODSmt(doc).exe file to go through mailscanner. I still can't find how to
do it. Some suggestions that I get doesn't work. And I am really tired of
going to the quarantine and extracting the file and emailing it manually to
the recipient everyday.

I also found out that I can't copy the file directly because linux doesn't
like "(" in the filename. When I copy, I have to use EODSmt* or EOD* but
not EODSmt(doc).*.

Please could someone tell me how to make an "allow" in filename.rules.conf
before a nasty .exe virus infect my system! :(

Thanks in advance.