Port

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Tue Jun 17 15:43:52 IST 2003

Steve,

Check your value for 'Notify Senders' in MailScanner.conf and make sure it's
either 'yes' or 'no' or a ruleset - if it's ruleset then check the file for
syntax/formatting errors.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Steve.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Douglas [mailto:steve.douglas at SBIINCORPORATED.COM]
Sent: 17 June 2003 15:33
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Julian,
I have the debug on still and I am receiving the following at the console.
Starting MailScanner...
In Debugging mode, not forking...
Syntax error in line 550, value "" for warnsenders is not one of allowed
values "yes","no" at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm line 1322

I will refer to the config.pm file.  I discovered two places in the advanced
section of the conf file that provides debugging.  I turned the second one
on and the is what I receive.

Steve Freegard: thanks for the valuable information.  I will look at this.

I appreciate your assessments.  I am just chasing my tail at the moment.

SD
:-)

the sender and delete the message from your mailbox.

MailScanner (www.mailscanner.info) for the presence of computer viruses.