OT: RAV info

Forrest Aldrich forrie at FORRIE.COM
Mon Jun 16 19:37:42 IST 2003

I received a few private responses, so I'm posting this comment here for
general consumption, regarding the future of RAV Antivirus.  A general
heads-up to those that use the product.  I've asked them if they know
whether MS will provide UNIX versions (although I would tend to doubt they
will).   I'm glad I didn't renew my subscription with them.

_F

Date: 16 Jun 2003 16:04:08 -0000
To: Forrest Aldrich <forrie at forrie.com>
Subject: Re: Important RAV Announcement
From: RAV Customer Support <customer at ravantivirus.com>

Dear Forrest,

Due to Microsoft acquisition of RAV Intelectual Property Rights, our
objective now is to gradually withdrawn RAV products from the market, which
is why we will soon discontinue to sell RAV products. All RAV products will
not be further improved (upgraded with new versions).

However, GeCAD will fulfil its obligations by assuring support (Virus
Signatures, Outbreak alerts and advisories, Triggered Updates, Statistics
Site Announcements and Technical Support) until the service expiration of
present customers.

If you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
--
Ioana Marin
Marketing Assistant