sendmail -Ac option

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jun 16 11:44:28 IST 2003

At 21:46 15/06/2003, you wrote:
>I'm using Redhat 7.3 (8.11.6-25.73) & 9.0 (8.12.8-5.90) (all Redhat rpm) and
>all works great if I remove the -Ac option. (other wise sendmail fails to
>load saying unknown -A)
>What is (or was) the -Ac option?
>Why was it needed and is there a replacement option?
>I haven't found any information on this other than "don't use -Ac" ...
>thanks

The "-Ac" option is used when starting the sendmail process that handles
the "submit" queue which is a fairly recent addition to sendmail.
If the "-Ac" option gives you an error, comment out the entire command that
starts that copy of sendmail as you don't want it running at all. Don't
just remove the "-Ac", remove the entire command.
--
Julian Field