OT: Sendmail & Vacation Auto-Responder

Steve Thomas lists at STHOMAS.NET
Thu Jun 12 22:25:44 IST 2003

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 02:02:46PM -0700, Nathan Johanson is rumored to have said:

> Question: Which option is the most secure and least obtrusive? I'm
> leaning toward the Sendmail vacation program, but it doesn't look like
> RedHat includes it in their Sendmail RPM distribution (oddly enough). It

Check here:
http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=vacation

I'd go with vacation, as it keeps a db of addresses it's replied to and won't send the reply to the same person twice. You could do that with procmail, but why would you want to go through the trouble?

--
Steve Thomas
"...subatomic matter in a particle accelerator that exists