Black-/Whitelists in SQL Database (WAS: RE: SQL user options)

Oliver Pitzeier o.pitzeier at UPTIME.AT
Thu Jun 12 10:14:27 IST 2003

Hi Julian!
Hi folks!

Julian Field wrote:

> > > I would love to have that. Thanks!
> > I would second that. I am not ready to use it yet but I have been
> > looking for a way to do per user black/white lists. Sounds very
> > promising.
>
> If all you need is file-based per-user and per-domain
> black+whitelists, then there is already code in
> CustomConfig.pm to do this for you. It's only the SQL bit
> that's missing.

First: It's the SQL bit, which was - as I told you - really easy to code, since
MailScanner is Perl! :-)
Second: You can easily create a frontend (which will follow within the next
days) with SQL-based black-/whitelists, to let your users do the
black-/whitelisting theirself.

I do use a Cyrus IMAPd/Sendmail combination here, which is fine, since we do use
Sieve as well... Now I do also have the posibility to give my users the option
to not only add some Sieve-rules, but add black-/whitelists. You cannot imagine
how happy my users are. :-))))

Best regards,
 Oliver