mailscanner + procmail + gentoo

Valmiki N. Ramsewak lilvalo at MIKIBOY.COM
Wed Jun 11 22:20:10 IST 2003

Ok I finally got it working, thanks for the general outlay Julian. And thanks for such a great project.
Gentoo users, just in case you're new, you need to place this file in the /etc/init.d/ dir, give it a chmod 755 and then add it to the startup.I name the file mailscanner  so
rc-update add mailscanner

and remember to stop sendmail fromstarting up

rc-update del sendmail

have fun

Valmiki
----- start file--------
#!/sbin/runscript
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License, v2 or later
# Created by Valmiki N. Ramsewak for use with the mailscanner and sendmail.
# Basically everything is just like the other init scripts in gentoo, everything
# else is just paths to sendmail and the check_mailscanner script from the
# the mailscanner file.
depend() {
need net
use logger
}

start() {

echo "Starting MailScanner daemons"
/usr/bin/newaliases > /dev/null 2>&1
(cd /var/spool/mqueue; rm -f xf*)
ebegin "         incoming sendmail: "
/usr/sbin/sendmail -bd -OPrivacyOptions=noetrn -ODeliveryMode=queueonly -OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in
eend $?
ebegin "         outgoing sendmail: "
/usr/sbin/sendmail -q15m
eend $?
ebegin "         MailScanner: "
/opt/MailScanner/bin/check_mailscanner > /dev/null
eend $?
}

stop() {
echo "Shutting down MailScanner daemons:"
ebegin "         sendmail: "
killall -9 sendmail
eend $?
ebegin "         MailScanner: "