Black-/Whitelists in SQL Database (WAS: RE: SQL user options)

Oliver Pitzeier o.pitzeier at UPTIME.AT
Wed Jun 11 12:02:12 IST 2003

Oliver Pitzeier wrote:
> Julian Field wrote:
> > At 20:03 09/06/2003, you wrote:
[ ... ]
> > >I just read, that it is possible to have user options in a SQL
> > >database. I want to do that with whitelists, blacklists...
> > >
> > >How can I do that? And what other 'option' can be hold by a SQL
> > >database?
> > >
> > >I would also need the possibility to have white-/blacklists on a
> > >per-user-basis...
>
> > Take a look in CustomConfig.pm. There is per-user whitelist and
> > blacklist code there, which will give you hints as to how to read
> > config options from a SQL db.
> >
> > There will later be more code here to read data from SQL
> > dbs, but not quite yet...
>
> I guessed such an answer... Not the one I hoped for, but it
> means I have to get into MailScanner deeper. :-)

OK. I did it. :-) I wrote some code (SQL_Backlist, SQL_Whitelist), which is - at
least a bit - configurable trough variables in CustomConfig.pm. You can imagine
what it does... Exactly what I wanted. :-)

So... Is someone interessted in this code?

Julian, you may add it - after investigating it - to the main tree!? I would be
pleased to add more comments, add code that handles wildcards, and so on... If
there are people who need those functions - else I let it as it is and just use
it myself......

Best regards,
 Oliver

PS: There is also a test-script, that can check if the database is set up
correct and the data is read correct....