logging problem

David Vosburgh vosburgh at DALSEMI.COM
Mon Jun 9 20:54:05 IST 2003

I have installed MailScanner-4.21-9, Mail-SpamAssassin-2.55, and all the
related perl modules on a Sun system recently jumpstarted with 2.8 and a
recent patch cluster.  Sendmail is v8.12.9.

Everything seems to be working as advertised, with the exception of
logging.  I am using the default "Syslog Facility = mail" option, and
have turned on spam logging with "Log Spam = yes". My syslog.conf has a
single entry for mail logging:

mail.info                                       /var/adm/maillog

I read the FAQ and some posts on this list, and have tried the following
without success (always re-starting MailScanner after the change):

1) starting syslog without the "-t" option
2) removed the syslog patch 110945-07 (now -05)
3) removed the "eval" from the setlogsock syslog command under the Start
section of Log.pm
4) added a "mail.debug /opt/MailScanner/var/log" to syslog.conf

Any ideas on where to go from here?

Thanks,

Dave