OT (general interest): RAV antivirus

Derek Winkler dwinkler at ALGORITHMICS.COM
Tue Jun 10 22:50:05 IST 2003

Microsoft is going to discontinue all of their products.

More for Microsoft less for *nix.

-----Original Message-----
From: Forrest Aldrich [mailto:forrie at forrie.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 3:14 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at jiscmail.ac.uk
Subject: OT (general interest): RAV antivirus

This may be of general interest... I just received an email from RAV,
indicating some acquisition of their technology by Microsoft.   This
probably means more scanners for the MS platform.

Forrest

=== snippet ===

Dear RAV User,

As you are aware, we at RAV have always maintained that our antivirus
technology is amongst the best available. This is now testified by a recent
announcement by Microsoft Corporation on acquiring our technology. More
information about this is available at www.ravantivirus.com and at
www.microsoft.com