Notify only local senders

Plant, Dean dean.plant at ROKE.CO.UK
Tue Jun 10 15:50:08 IST 2003

Should the Notify Senders not be:

From:     yourdomain.com  yes
FromOrTo:       default         no

Dean Plant

-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Field [mailto:mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK]
Sent: 10 June 2003 14:57
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Notify only local senders

At 13:04 10/06/2003, you wrote:
>I've been scanning the mail arcive for some time now. At last I found the
>function I've been looking for.
>
>I want to notify only local senders.
>
>  Outside ->in   notify postmaster, local recipient. No external senders
>notified.

Set
         Notify Senders = /etc/MailScanner/rules/notify.senders.rules
and then put this in it:
To:     yourdomain.com  yes
FromOrTo:       default         no

>  Inside -> out   notify local sender, postmaster, no external recipients
>notified.

Set
         Deliver Cleaned Messages =
/etc/MailScanner/rules/deliver.cleaned.rules
and then put this in it
To:     yourdomain.com  yes
FromOrTo:       default         no

You could even put both of those rulesets in the same file if you like, but
I would keep them separate for clarity.

Should do what you want.

--
Julian Field