Panda Pricing

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jun 9 14:29:30 IST 2003

At 12:35 09/06/2003, you wrote:
>Sorry to make it sound like I was trying to make a profit. But the fact is
>you do need to buy the mail version if you intend to run it with sendmail or
>other Linux based mail system (http://www.pandasecurity.com/ps.htm).

For a virus scanner to work with MailScanner, all that is necessary is a
command-line utility that will scan files given to it. It doesn't need to
(or want to) know anything about the mail transport in use. Or is the mail
version the only one that provides a Linux-based command line scanning
utility? It appears that most of the other versions are Windows-based.

>As to the selling, that is not our main business, our antivirus business it
>less than 0.05% of our total business. We don't even mention it on our
>website. I was just looking at giving a discount to people who have helped
>us through this list.

Thankyou.

>The intention was never to make money and we can make it very clear buy
>donating any profit to the Mailscanner creator's charity of choice. (which
>in this case would be you)

Many thanks for clarifying that. I must have been feeling particularly
paranoid this morning :-)
Not helped by my next door neighbour's burglar alarm going off at 7  :-(

--
Julian Field