Panda Pricing

Sanjay Patel sanjay.patel at REXWIRE.COM
Mon Jun 9 12:35:04 IST 2003

Sorry to make it sound like I was trying to make a profit. But the fact is
you do need to buy the mail version if you intend to run it with sendmail or
other Linux based mail system (http://www.pandasecurity.com/ps.htm).

As to the selling, that is not our main business, our antivirus business it
less than 0.05% of our total business. We don't even mention it on our
website. I was just looking at giving a discount to people who have helped
us through this list.

The intention was never to make money and we can make it very clear buy
donating any profit to the Mailscanner creator's charity of choice. (which
in this case would be you)

-SKP

-----Original Message-----
Of Julian Field
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 6:47 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Panda Pricing

Please do *not* use this mailing list for advertising your anti-virus
products. This is not a sales list.

In a previous post, you appeared to be a normal user saying that "Panda is
great", but that we needed to buy the "mail server" version, which is
simply not true from a technical standpoint, and exhibits a curious lack of
understanding about how MailScanner works.

Now you admit you are a Panda reseller, which hardly makes your previous
comments very objective, does it?

If you are recommending use of a product from which you make a profit,
please declare this at the *start* so everyone knows (part of) the reason
you are recommending it.

--
Julian Field