filename rules question

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR
Fri Jun 6 16:00:30 IST 2003

IIRC, rules are processed from top to bottom, and, as soon as one matches,
the process stops.

This allows you to say something like:

allow everything that ends in ".jpg"
allow everything that ends in ".gif"
deny everything that ends in ".exe"
deny everything that ends in ".???.???"

And an attachment ending in ".???.jpg" will be allowed (as per rule #1) but
if it ends in ".jpg.scr" it will be denied (although there is no specific
rule to deny files ending in ".scr".

And, as you state, I recall the default is to allow any filename not matching
any rule...

--
Mariano Absatz
El Baby