mcafee & bugbear.b

Patel, Anjana Anjana.Patel at CRANFIELD.AC.UK
Fri Jun 6 10:33:42 IST 2003

Hello,

We've been blocking Bugbear.B since yesterday although as usual Mcafee
appears to be slow in releasing their DATs.   However I've noticed that
every now and then mailscanner is blocking emails that have double
extension attachments which look suspiciously like Bugbear.b but it is
not picked up as Bugbear.B.  I've tried scanning the quarantined
attachment again with the latest DAT but again no virus is detected.  Is
this a different variant or is there a another problem.  Has anyone else
using mcafee noticed this?

Thanks
Anjana