Attachment feature in MailScanner 4.21-9

Stephen Swaney Steve at swaney.com
Wed Jun 4 14:52:26 IST 2003

It's in MailScanner.conf

# This is a list of actions to take when a message is spam.
# It can be any combination of the following:
#    deliver                 - deliver the message as normal
#    delete                  - delete the message
#    store                   - store the message in the quarantine
#    bounce                  - send a rejection message back to the
sender
#    forward user at domain.com - forward a copy of the message to
user at domain.com
#    striphtml               - convert all in-line HTML content to plain
text.
#                              You need to specify "deliver" as well for
the
#                              message to reach the original recipient.
#    attachment              - Convert the original message into an
attachment
#                              of the message. This means the user has
to take
#                              an extra step to open the spam, and stops
"web
#                              bugs" very effectively.
#
# Note that the bounce message is created in such a way as to stop it
# bouncing back to your site.
#
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
#Spam Actions = store forward anonymous at ecs.soton.ac.uk bounce

Spam Actions = attachment deliver

Just configure the Spam Actions as shown above

Works like a charm.

Steve