Upgraded SpamAssassin, now it's not working with MS

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jun 3 20:17:00 IST 2003

At 20:13 03/06/2003, you wrote:
> > Use a nice recent version of MailScanner. There are all sorts
> > of locking problems that have to be solved to support
> > SpamAssassin 2.5x and its Bayes database, and I have only
> > written these since SpamAssassin 2.5 settled down. If you use
> > an old MailScanner with SpamAssassin 2.5 and you use the
> > Bayes code, I can't guarantee the integrity of your Bayes db
> > files when nasty things happen.
>
>Ok, just so I get this straight when I do this tomorrow morning, I
>download latest version, run install.sh, then run
>upgrade_mailscanner_conf?

Yep. When you run upgrade_MailScanner_conf (note the capitalisation), it
will suggest a suitable command-line to you. When you run that, it will
tell you what it has done; read this carefully.
And check that /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming has been correctly created,
with the right ownership.
--
Julian Field