Upgraded SpamAssassin, now it's not working with MS

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jun 3 19:58:29 IST 2003

At 19:44 03/06/2003, you wrote:
> > Please deinstall the RPM (rpm -e <rpm>'s) and install via
> > CPAN. There was a posting about this earlier this week about it.
>
>Is there anything I need to do with MailScanner?

Use a nice recent version of MailScanner. There are all sorts of locking
problems that have to be solved to support SpamAssassin 2.5x and its Bayes
database, and I have only written these since SpamAssassin 2.5 settled
down. If you use an old MailScanner with SpamAssassin 2.5 and you use the
Bayes code, I can't guarantee the integrity of your Bayes db files when
nasty things happen.
--
Julian Field