Different per user actions on single e-mail with multiple recipients?

Nik Conwell nik at BU.EDU
Tue Jun 3 19:42:46 IST 2003

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Julian Field wrote:

> At 17:20 03/06/2003, you wrote:

> >No. Your understanding of how it works is correct.  (We do spam filtering
> >at the user end, based on the score header that MailScanner adds.)

Interesting - although we have many endpoint systems that would have to
implement the filtering / subject tagging.

> Splitting a message up into the minimal number of copies of itself is not
> trivial to do, and I didn't want MailScanner to be creating mail either

Indeed; scary since it would be replicating parts of sendmail, so subject to
subtle and not so subtle changes later.

Many thanks to all for helping me out with this.

It's back to the drawing board for me...

Thanks again.
-nik