Exim+MailScanner - not always queuing mail on "in" side

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Tue Jun 3 10:01:37 IST 2003

=?iso-8859-1?q?Rasmus_B=F8g_Hansen?=              <moffelist at AMAGERKOLLEGIET.DK> wrote:

>As per the mailscanner instructions, I have=20
>"exim_tidydb /var/spool/exim_incoming retry >/dev/null" in
>cron.daily. Running these jobs manually make the files appear. Can
>they safely be omitted from cron.daily? They do not seem to make any
>sense to me, as there should be no database in the incoming queue to
>tidy up...

Yes. I think I left that in my revised Exim installation guide for
reasons of safety, but experience seems to have shown that it hides
a problem...

Tony.
ARDNAMURCHAN POINT TO CAPE WRATH INCLUDING THE OUTER HEBRIDES: SOUTHEAST TO
SOUTH 4 OR 5 GRADUALLY VEERING SOUTH TO SOUTHWEST 4 OR 5 LOCALLY 6 WEATHER:
RATHER CLOUDY, OCCASIONAL SHOWERS, CLOUDY WITH RAIN LATER. GOOD FALLING
MODERATE IN SHOWERS OR RAIN. MODERATE LATER MODERATE TO ROUGH.