ANNOUNCE: Version 4.21 released

Mike Zanker mike at ZANKER.ORG
Sun Jun 1 16:26:58 IST 2003

On 01 June 2003 15:37 +0100 Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK>
wrote:

> Yes, it should be.
> Can you just try upgrading again, in case it's a one-off problem. Do a
>          rpm -Uvh --force mailscanner*rpm
> and see if it complains again. I'm trying to make it intelligent so
> that if you have set the permissions and ownership on this directory
> to be correct for your MTA, then it doesn't over-write it during
> installation.

OK, thanks - it worked fine second time around.

> What version of what OS are you using?

Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 2.1 (which is based on 7.2, I believe). The
permissions on /var/spool/MailScanner are

drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root         4096 Jun  1 16:21 MailScanner/

Mike.