ANNOUNCE: Version 4.21 released

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Jun 1 15:37:43 IST 2003

At 15:29 01/06/2003, you wrote:
>On 01 June 2003 12:47 +0100 Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK>
>wrote:
>
>>I have just released version 4.21-8 as "stable".
>
>I upgraded using the RPM and it barfed upon starting because
>/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming was missing. Shouldn't this get created
>during installation?

Yes, it should be.
Can you just try upgrading again, in case it's a one-off problem. Do a
         rpm -Uvh --force mailscanner*rpm
and see if it complains again. I'm trying to make it intelligent so that if
you have set the permissions and ownership on this directory to be correct
for your MTA, then it doesn't over-write it during installation.

What version of what OS are you using?
--
Julian Field