SQL Redux

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Thu Jul 31 11:18:25 IST 2003

Chris/Martin,

Are you not applying the patches included with the MailWatch tarball to the
original CustomConfig.pm source first then??

The SQLLogging code that comes with MailScanner is totally different to the
SQLLogging code that I wrote to use with MailWatch - The table layouts are
different and I wanted to log directly to the database instead of using the
temporary log files.

If you've not applied these patches - then we've found the problem!

Cheers,
Steve.

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Hepworth
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Sent: 31/07/03 11:04
Subject: Re: SQL Redux

Chris Trudeau wrote:

>>this is exactly the problem I'm seeing with 4.22.5 on FreeBSD.
>

> CT:  OK, there seems to be a common thread...I haven't expanded test
> anything other than 4.22-5 or 4.22.1, but the older version I have
working
> beatifully, so either the logging function in 4.22-1 doesn't have the
NULL
> value problem or its addressed differently.  Perhaps I will try
installing
> 4.22-1 or a between version to try and pinpoint where it breaks!
Chris

looking at the 4.22.1 code there's quite a big change on the whole SQL
logging setup. Infact the code is radically different.

in 4.22.1 it reads the logfile to get the info required. Slow...

in 4.22.5 it's using the values from the currently processed email to
drive the insert. It's a lot faster, but seems not to translate NULLs
etc very well.

--
Martin

the sender and delete the message from your mailbox.

MailScanner (www.mailscanner.info) for the presence of computer viruses.