How to set up sendmail to accept and discard all email?

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Thu Jul 31 11:02:52 IST 2003

Antony Stone <Antony at SOFT-SOLUTIONS.CO.UK> wrote:

>I know I can get the MS machine to send all its mails to a single server
>easily enough, either by using a smart relay, or by redirecting packets with
>a firewall, but is there some simple way I can configure sendmail on the
>third machine so that it appears as an open relay (that bit's easy) and
>accepts all mail, but then immediately discards it?

Apart from Julian's Perl program I believe there's an SMTP daemon that
is designed to throw away email, but I can't remember its name. Or you
can use the following five-line Exim configutation:

acl_smtp_rcpt = accept
begin routers
blackhole:
        driver = redirect
        data = :blackhole:

Tony.
THE WASH TO NORTH FORELAND: VARIABLE MAINLY WEST 2 OR 3 BACKING SOUTH OR
SOUTHEAST 3 OCCASIONALLY 4 FOR A TIME BUT VEERING SOUTHWEST 3 OR 4 OVERNIGHT.
SOME MIST OR FOG PATCHES AT FIRST, BUT BECOMING MAINLY FAIR. MAINLY GOOD OR
MODERATE BUT POOR IN ANY MIST OR FOG. SLIGHT.