ClamAV autoupdate Question

Fri Jul 25 09:26:09 IST 2003

On Friday 25 July 2003 9:18 am, Jan-Peter Koopmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when I am doing a clamav-autoupdate here is what I get:
>
> ERROR: Can't connect to port 80 of host clamav.elektrapro.com
> ERROR: Connection with clamav.elektrapro.com failed.
> ERROR: Can't write to file /usr/local/share/clamav/mirror !
>
> The databases seem to have updated though (at least the viruses.db2
> has). One of the mirrors worked.
> Two questions though:
>
> 1. Is it correct that only virueses.db2 gets updated (date Jul 25 02:00
> while viruses.db is still Jul 18 15:22 and is a lot smaller)?

Viruses.db2 does get updated more often than viruses.db, but viruses.db is
the bigger file.

My system currently holds:

viruses.db 1222321 bytes July 8 02:31
viruses.db2 28222 bytes July 25 02:30

> 2. Why the error message?

1. Can your machine connect to anywhere on port 80?   Do yoou have some
firewalling in place perhaps?

2. Can you connect from some other machine using a web browser to
http://clamav.elektrapro.com ?   The site is occasionally down, and the
current version/s of clamav use a file /usr/local/share/clamav/mirrors.txt to
specify alternative download locations.

Antony.

--

Anyone that's normal doesn't really achieve much.

 - Mark Blair, Australian rocket engineer