More spam after spamassain upgrade

Stephen Swaney Steve at swaney.com
Thu Jul 24 23:05:12 IST 2003

This will not be too helpful in solving your problems but it does show
that spam detection is working on some systems.

We're running MailScanner SpamAssassin 2.55 and MailScanner-4.22-5 on a
Red Hat Enterprise 2.1 system that is a spampot. It gets NOTHING but
spam. We have fed a lot of the spam to the Bayesian filter and this has
improved our detection rate a bit.

The spam threshold is set to 5 and High Spam is set to 10. A quick look
at 1/2 days stats:

Processed:            5052    24.6Mb
Spam:                   5022    99.4%
High Scoring Spam:  2737    54.2%

Looks like it's missing .6% of today's junk.

Another interesting static is the average size of a Spam message is
4.869 KB

Steve
Steve at Swaney.com