Vexing problem

Thu Jul 24 20:00:40 IST 2003

On Thursday 24 July 2003 7:52 pm, Thomas DuVally wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 08:55, Thomas DuVally wrote:

> I have been able to partial fix this issue.  I have set the:
> Restart Every = 3600
>
> This has helped a lot.  I any resource problems can't seem to wait the
> default 4 hours, so 1 hour will have to do.  Not that I like the idea,
> but it works.

I'm not sure I understand what is wrong with setting 'Restart Every' to a
fairly low value like this?  Once an hour seems perfectly acceptable to me -
is there any reason why performance should suffer with a setting this low,
for example?

I agree that it shouldn't really be needed, but I don't see a reason not to
do it.

Antony.

--

Behind the counter a boy with a shaven head stared vacantly into space,
a dozen spikes of microsoft protruding from the socket behind his ear.

 - William Gibson, Neuromancer (1984)