Whitelisted

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki rzewnickie at RFA.ORG
Thu Jul 24 19:41:33 IST 2003

On Thu 24/07/2003 08:25:25, Ken Anderson wrote:
> Okay, mail travels in envelopes with a TO and a FROM, just like postal
> mail, right?
>
> Mail is opened by the mailserver and delivered to the TO on the envelope
> and to the other TO,CC,BCC recipients. The problem is that this delivery
> process doesn't happen until the server writes it to the users mail
> spool. This doesn't happen until _after_ MailScanner/SA have looked at
> the message.
>
> The result is that a whitelist will affect ALL recipients of a message
> that has multiple recipients if the first envelope TO address matches
> the whitelist. 95% of the mail we see to multiple recipients is spam. :-(
>
> The only way around this using MailScanner is to use sendmail to split
> the message when it first arrives into multiple messages with only 1
> recipient each.

Does anyone know if it is possible to do something similar with postfix?

I'm guessing it's not for the same reason Postfix sends duplicate mails
when a user is a recipient both individually and as a member of an
alias...

http://www.postfix.org/faq.html#duplicate