need help with mailscanner and spamassassin

Dave Wood mailscanner_question at COMCAST.NET
Thu Jul 24 19:13:46 IST 2003

Okay, I'm not out of the woods yet, when I try to install SA via MCPAN,
I get:

  CPAN.pm: Going to build J/JM/JMASON/Mail-SpamAssassin-2.55.tar.gz

Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good

Warning: I could not locate your pod2man program. Please make sure,
         your pod2man program is in your PATH before you execute 'make'

Writing Makefile for Mail::SpamAssassin
Run Razor v2 tests (these may fail due to network problems)? (y/n) [n] y
Makefile:92: *** missing separator.  Stop.
  /usr/bin/make  -- NOT OK
Running make test
  Can't test without successful make
Running make install
  make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

Is the lack of pod2man the problem here?  If so, should I try to install
it via RPM or MCPAN (and what would be the correct command for that)?

-- dave