need help with mailscanner and spamassassin

Thu Jul 24 19:00:11 IST 2003

Hi!

> I installed SA from a RPM (spamassassin-2.55-1.7.3.i386.rpm and
> spamassassin-tools-2.55-1.7.3.i386.rpm)

It was told on the list a couple of times that that might cause problems,
i guess thats the case here.

Please install SA vie MCPAN ....

> I'm afraid I don't understand your perl question, or how to answer it.
>  If you're referring to how many versions of perl are on the machine,
> then I don't know how to determine that.  I can tell you that this is a
> clean RH9 install and cyrus-imap, razor, spamassassin, and mailscanner
> are the only things I've installed.  If I run "locate perl", it appears
> that only perl 5.8.0 is installed.

Ok, fair enough.

Please deinstall SA (rpm -e) and install it via MCPAN ...

perl -MCPAN -e shell
install Mail::SpamAssassin

Bye,
Raymond.