More spam after spamassain upgrade

Sanjay K. Patel sanjay.patel at REXWIRE.COM
Thu Jul 24 16:38:35 IST 2003

Thanks for the response,
Here are the headers. I am using version 2.52

SpamCheck: not spam, SpamAssassin (score=0.4, required 5,
        FOR_JUST_SOME_AMT 0.18, HTML_50_60 0.10, HTML_FONT_BIG 0.22,
        HTML_FONT_COLOR_BLUE 0.10, HTML_FONT_COLOR_GRAY 0.10,
        HTML_FONT_COLOR_RED 0.10, HTML_WEB_BUGS 0.10,
        ORIGINAL_MESSAGE -0.50)

This was the normal buy Norton junk. It should have scored higher.

SKP

-----Original Message-----
Of Martin Sapsed
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 7:23 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: More spam after spamassain upgrade

Sanjay K. Patel wrote:
> We are seeing more spam getting through after upgrading spam assassin to
the
> latest version. Even the buy Norton cheap spam is getting through. All the
> spam scores below our threshold of 5.
>
> Have the spammers got smarter or do we need to fine tune something?

Can you post the headers for e.g. a "buy Norton cheap" message which got
through - the categories SA lists might help us to advise you. Which
version do you mean by "the latest version"? What platform? What version
of MailScanner etc etc

I'm using a copy of 2.60 from a little while ago along with DCC (with
it's score raised) and virtually nothing gets passed that.

Cheers

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed
Information Services               "Who do you say I am?"