More spam after spamassain upgrade

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK
Thu Jul 24 12:22:46 IST 2003

Sanjay K. Patel wrote:
> We are seeing more spam getting through after upgrading spam assassin to the
> latest version. Even the buy Norton cheap spam is getting through. All the
> spam scores below our threshold of 5.
>
> Have the spammers got smarter or do we need to fine tune something?

Can you post the headers for e.g. a "buy Norton cheap" message which got
through - the categories SA lists might help us to advise you. Which
version do you mean by "the latest version"? What platform? What version
of MailScanner etc etc

I'm using a copy of 2.60 from a little while ago along with DCC (with
it's score raised) and virtually nothing gets passed that.

Cheers

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed
Information Services               "Who do you say I am?"