MS with AntiVir

Thu Jul 24 13:28:57 IST 2003

On Thursday 24 July 2003 1:20 pm, Nejc Skoberne wrote:

> Hi.
>
> > Why not get yourself a private non-commercial licence - it's free, and of
> > course you're not using a demo product for commercial purposes anyway,
> > are you :) ?
>
> We bought licences some time ago. I was quite satisfied with avgated
> daemon, but Postfix+MS is better. So we plan to change antivirus
> software vendor. In the meanwhile, I would like to use the DEMO version
> (although we actually bought the licence for scanning 25 mailboxes -
> so noone can sue me - I am just scanning my mailboxes with software I
> bought - I don't really care if it says "DEMO" when I am running it,
> since I don't do system scans with antivir).

But if MS does mind that it says "DEMO" then I would think the easiest
solution to the problem is to put one of your licences onto the machine
you're testing with, and then MS won't complain any more.

Regards,

Antony.

--

90% of network problems are routing problems.
9 of the remaining 10% are routing problems in the other direction.