Whitelisted

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK
Tue Jul 22 21:11:29 IST 2003

Kris et al,

Kris Zabriskie wrote:
> Maybe that is where my misunderstanding is.  I thought, that would turn off
> spam filtering for that user only.  Does that say anything addressed to that
> user and anyone else, will go through?

As other people have said, MailScanner treats each message in one way
only, no matter how many recipients.

Can I ask what you're trying to achieve by whitelisting all those
internal people? Wouldn't it be simpler to let MailScanner/SpamAssassin
mark the messages as they see fit using subject alterations and then let
the users choose what/how to filter using either the subject line or
spam score header. People who don't want to see the spam can filter it,
people who do leave it alone. I believe that would get you to where you
want to be although via a slightly different route?

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed
Information Services               "Who do you say I am?"