Delete Old McAfee Dats

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR
Tue Jul 22 14:59:37 IST 2003

Yes, you can delete the old dat directories.

There's no "frequency" to do this, you should do it when you're sure the
newer dat has no problems.

I think of two different schemes:

1) You could delete the old directory(ies) after 2 or 3 days passed from the
last update if nothing went wrong (every now and then there can be updates
that are broken, though they're usually followed by a newer update fixing
it).

2) You could manage to keep, for instance, the current dat directory plus one
or two old ones, regardless of time.

--
Mariano Absatz
El Baby