MailScanner startup script standalone

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR
Fri Jul 18 23:06:25 IST 2003

Hi,

in case someone is interested, based on some old MailScanner startup script,
I modified it so that it only cares about MailScanner itself and not about
the MTA.

In fact, this is the way I prefer to handle it, I have a separate startup
script for ZMailer and this one for MailScanner.

Whenever both are related services and mail won't be delivered if both aren't
running, I can start and stop both of them independently and nothing
brakes... only mail can accumulate in one or another queue.

When something goes wrong, I like the ability to stop only a part and watch
the queues by hand.

In fact, with the standard zmailer script (the zmailer command, not the
startup script) I can independently start or stop the different daemons...
MailScanner would be a fourth daemon in here, with its own startup script.

The script is quite simple and works nicely in redhat, I don't know about
other flavors of linux, but it should be easier to adapt than the standard
MailScanner startup script, since it's smaller.

Enjoy it!

--
Mariano Absatz
El Baby