MailScanner/Sendmail + Mailman?

Stijn Jonker SJCJonker at SJC.NL
Fri Jul 18 12:00:57 IST 2003

Hello,

Just in short, if you want to use mm-handler, with sendmail, MS, SA etc
etc etc. Some of my comments when implementing it.

I think it is only reasonable to do if you use 1 specific subdomain to
handle the list.

Don't forget the: VIRTUSER_DOMAIN in the sendmail.mc it took me 2 days to
figure out why it wasn't working, only to see i missed this entry.

Attached is my sendmail.mc, anonymized, and with comments for the
mm-handler setup. Remove the comments to make it an m4.

Oh, and don't add the list.* hostnames to the local-host-names (The Fw
macro.)

in mailertable do:

list.domain-1.com       mailman:list.domain-1.com
etc

And it should work.

Good luck.

P.S. In regards to configing sendmail, the ora bat book is your best
friend. If you need info, you can find it in there, if it doesn't work, it
makes nice sounds when landing on the floor/chair/door or you collegue
;-))

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Matt Laney wrote:

> James,
>
> > The README.SENDMAIL says to look at mm-handler.readme...
>
> Ah--that's if you're using mm-handler as your local delivery agent
> for mailman.  I'm not, and I happen to know nothing about it.

<<SNIP>>

> > Did you have to modify the mailertable?
>
> No, but I run my list processor on the same domain as the rest of
> my stuff.  That is, I didn't add a subdomain just for Mailman.  In

<<SNIP ALL>>

- --
Met Vriendelijke groet/Yours Sincerely
Stijn Jonker <SJCJonker at sjc.nl>