storing spam and ham as mbox files

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Thu Jul 17 17:16:28 IST 2003

Mike,

I've been playing with the MailScanner quarantine actions quite a bit
recently with a view to putting 'Quarantine Manager' screens into MailWatch.

I know this isn't exactly what you want - but you could set:

 Spam/High Scoring Spam Actions = store
 Quarantine Whole Message = yes
 Quarantine Whole Messages As Queue Files = no

in MailScanner.conf - then you'll have all the files in
/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/<date>/(not-spam|spam)/<messageid> stored
as files in message/rfc822 format that you can parse with awk/perl to do
what you want with it.  Alternativly there may be a util around out there
somewhere to munge a load of rfc822 files into mbox format...

Just an idea while I was watching this thread....

Kind regards,
Steve.

--
Steve Freegard