storing spam and ham as mbox files

mikea mikea at MIKEA.ATH.CX
Thu Jul 17 16:31:52 IST 2003

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 04:20:15PM +0100, Spicer, Kevin wrote:
> > Is there a way to store ham and spam as mbox files, or just to
> > concatenate all the ham to one file and all the spam to another?

> Can't you just use the forward action to forward the mails to a mailbox on the local machine?

I'll give it a try.

<later>

Nope.

The "forward" action requires an address of the form something at domain,
and just supplying an address local to the machine without the
"@domain" part fails.

Unfortunately for me, the MX for our "inside" network is a Lotus Notes
server which is set to not relay anywhere. I can't get that changed,
and it is ... well, "unpleasant" is a very short way out along that
axis, and my situation lies considerably farther out.

Any ideas will be enthusiastically examined, and probably will be
given The Old School Try.

--
Mike Andrews
mikea at mikea.ath.cx