Virus Update Scripts with Timeouts

John Wilcock john at TRADOC.FR
Wed Jul 16 10:10:20 IST 2003

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:26:08 +0200, I wrote:
> I've tried these new scripts here on a redhat 9 box - they work fine
> if called directly from a shell prompt, but for some reason don't log
> the usual updated / does not need updating information to the syslog
> when called from Julian's cron.hourly script. Any ideas?

Suddenly had a flash of inspiration - I'd forgotten to dos2unix these
scripts when transferring them from the Windows box on which I receive
mail. I don't fully understand why they worked anyway when called
directly from shell, but still... they work correctly now no matter
how I call them.

John.

--
-- Over 2000 webcams from ski resorts around the world - http://www.snoweye.com/