A Few Messages are 'whitelisted' even with auto-whitelist off

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Wed Jul 16 07:32:55 IST 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 04:38, Brady A. Tucker wrote:

>I have some messages getting through that say they are whitelisted,
>though
>they are not.    I'm not sure when this started as I'm just now looking
>for

Have you whitlisted you own domains (by name)? - many spammers use your
own address as the envelope from address (this doesn't appear in the
headers, but may be in your maillog).  Note that the whitelist in the
header you posted is a MailScanner whitelist (spam.whitelist.rules) not
a SpamAssassin whitelist (which would give it a negative score).  If you
have whitelisted your domains by name change spam.whitelist.rules to
whitelist your domain's mail servers by IP instead (alternativly
whitelist your entire IP range if thats easier).

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.