MailScanner delivering SPAM messages

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Sat Jul 12 06:06:08 IST 2003

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 09:40:53AM -0700, Damian Mendoza wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm starting to see messages that are marked as SPAM being delivered by MailScanner - (version 4.12-2.) This only happens occasionally - The majority of SPAM messages are not delivered, just deleted which is defined in spam.actions.rules file.
>
> Any ideas?

This would usually happen when the message has multiple receipients, at least
one of which is configured to have spam delivered. Since mailscanner does as
little as possible to the messages themselves, they must either be delivered
to all recipients or to none -- so in this case they would be delivered to all.

If that's not what's happening here, *shrug*...

Cheers,

Nick
Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
It may or may not be worthwhile, but it still has to be done.