Quick Exim question

Mike Oliveri moliveri at UTI.COM
Thu Jul 10 18:13:43 IST 2003

Okay, I've got everything configured and ready to go, and I'm just about
ready to start MailScanner. However, I'm running Exim with a split spool
directory due to our server load.

Because my current config is only running with one config file, I only have
one spool directory: /var/spool/exim/input/*  The new config files will
have an input directory of /var/spool/exim.in/input/*, but of course they
do not exist yet. The MailScanner Exim configure page says I should create
all the subdirectories of ../input before running MailScanner.

Is it possible to just do the following:

mv /var/spool/exim/input /var/spool/exim.in/input
mkdir /var/spool/exim/input

Or will that cause problems? The second line to create the directory refers
to the spool directory for the outgoing Exim config file. I figure this
will also preserve all the mail currently in the queue and the new
processes/config files will still get it all delivered. Make sense? Just
wanted to see if anyone experienced this before I accidentally hose my
system. Thanks!

Take care,
Mike Oliveri
Systems Administrator