MailScanner not removing virus even though it was found?

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Sat Jul 12 06:12:20 IST 2003

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 09:04:18AM +0200, Giampiero Raschetti wrote:

> I had read the warning line about McAfee but I didn't understand if the
> links
> referred where those where the program reside or those where it was working
> on.

> Anyway now I had changed this in MailScanner.conf
> # Set where to unpack incoming messages before scanning them
> Incoming Work Dir = /home1/spool/MailScanner/incoming

This is the path which was being referred to; search the list archives for
details -- I can't remember the exact problem when this was not the 'real'
path (was it something like McAfee reporting the entire real path to the
file, and confusing MailScanner?...)

> >Since I will be trying to keep my .conf files fairly consistent across
> >domains I would like to change that line to be more forgiving.  If anyone
> >is interested drop me a line and maybe we can convince someone to
> >incorporate
> >the change.

What exactly is "the change"?

Cheers,

Nick

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
Truth will out this morning.  (Which may really mess things up.)