anyone noticing a rise in spam?

Forrest Aldrich forrie at FORRIE.COM
Fri Jul 11 01:48:30 IST 2003

SPAM is generally on the rise.   CNN had a commentary about it recently,
about how it's increasing.   I've noticed it here, too.

A friend of mine mentioned that some of the more sophisticated spammers
have been hijacking IP space and AS numbers.  For example, 9.0.0.0/8
belongs to IBM and is NEVER on a public network (so you can safely filter
that out), and some of the dot.gone companies have seen their IP space
hijacked.  It's getting to be quite a mess.

Speaking of which, anyone here see that infamous G-2 Resumes spam?   It's
by someone in a nearby city (Framingham, MA -- and rayprotech.com).

FWIW, I've been running spamass-milter with a rejection level of 10 (SA
score) and it's done wonders.

Forrest