MS Performance

Plant, Dean dean.plant at ROKE.CO.UK
Wed Jul 9 16:11:26 IST 2003

Andrea Cogliati wrote:
> Mike Kercher wrote:
>
>> Agreed.  You might also consider moving your incoming to a tmpfs:
>>
>> /bin/mount -t tmpfs tmpfs /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming
>
> [...]

Im running a Pentium 3 700Mhz + 256MB ram on RH 8.0 sendmail/f-prot with
spamassassin 2.55, dcc and razor on a ext3 filesystem. Mailscanner processed
13.1K messages in 1 day. And a significant amount of that was during working
hours. (See pic)

--
Registered Office: Roke Manor Research Ltd, Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell,
Berkshire. RG12 8FZ

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential to
Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create or
change any contractual relationship.