MailScanner not removing virus even though it was found?

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at utwente.nl
Wed Jul 9 15:07:54 IST 2003

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 08:37:01 -0500, you wrote:

>The only thing that catches my eye is that you have:
>
>Silent Viruses =
>
>defined twice.  I set my Silent Viruses = none in my config file because I
>want to know when a virus is found.  I also have

I didn't see that line twice.

>Still Deliver Silent Viruses = yes

If you define silent viruses and still deliver them, you will be
notified. But if your don't define silent viruses the (forged) sender
gets the message he sent a virus (which isn't true).

??? something went wrong with your reply?

>Deleted Virus Message Report        = %report-dir%/deleted.virus.message.txt
>Stored Virus Message Report        = %report-dir%/stored.virus.message.txt
>Sender Virus Report        = %report-dir%/sender.virus.report.txt
>Deliver Cleaned Messages = yes
>Virus Modify Subject = yes
>Virus Subject Text = {Virus?}
>Attachment Warning Filename = VirusWarning.txt
>Virus Scanner Definitions = %etc-dir%/virus.scanners.conf Deliver In
>Background = yes Delivery Method = batch

Perhaps your mailclient played tricks on you.

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)