F-prot auto updates ...

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at utwente.nl
Wed Jul 9 09:18:37 IST 2003

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 20:23:37 +0200, you wrote:

>> Yes its slow from here too (Mansfield, Ohio)
>
>> Other people experiencing the same ?
>
>Ok, thanks. Then i know its not just me :)
>
>Other people might want to disable the auto update script also, since
>during the update mail will crop up and a update took 40 minutes here when
>i let it complete. Gives a nice backlog on processing :)

I only noticed a backlog yesterday 20:00 (GMT +2).

Checking my log I can't see anything strange at that time. I do see an
entry "Jul  7 19:02:13 netlx014 F-Prot autoupdate[7265]: F-Prot
successfully updated." So it took just over 2 minutes to update my
systems.

Going back in my logs I noticed it normally takes 10 to 15 seconds to
update F-Prot. But I don't think 2 minutes is that much of a problem
when I update F-Prot.

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)